The Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP) is a two-year highly competitive programme aimed at High Potential, best-in-class, highly qualified, and motivated professionals seeking a productive and satisfying career in the Insurance / Reinsurance Industry.
The YAPP is a great place to start if you want to work at Africa Re. It provides extraordinary employment prospects to talented young professionals in Actuarial Sciences who have exceptional leadership potential, a track record of outstanding academic success, and a commitment to professional excellence.
Africa Re Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP) Remuneration & Other Benefits
- The monthly allowance attached to this program is attractive and competitive.
- In addition, candidates selected for the program will be entitled to free medical care, Life & Accident Cover and accommodation for the entire duration of the program.
- Africa Re will provide support both in terms of exam fees, study materials and exam study hours toward qualification for a chosen internationally recognized actuarial qualification.
Africa Re Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP) Eligibility & Requirements
- Be a National of a Member Country of Africa Re
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science and other related discipline / field with outstanding academic achievements.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old and not older than 28 years by the date of this advert
- Applicants are expected to have post qualification relevant work experience of between 0 to 3 years in the Actuarial field.
- Applicants that have passed one or more actuarial exams from an internationally recognized actuarial or that have continued their actuarial professional development satisfying the required CPD points over a defined period for their chosen internationally recognized actuarial qualification will be given preference.
- Be fluent either in English or French and a working knowledge of the other language will be an added advantage.
- Be willing to live on the African Continent at the Corporation’s Headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria and in any of our operating locations (Abidjan, Casablanca, Cairo, Mauritius, Nairobi, Johannesburg, etc.)
Skills & Competencies Required for this Programme
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as writing and reporting skills;
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail;
- Problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills;
- Fast learner with the ability to multitask;
- Open-minded with a results-oriented and innovative mindset;
- Very high integrity and a good sense of responsibility;
- Be passionate and committed to the development of Africa;
- A self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment;
- Be willing to live on the African Continent at the Corporation’s Headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria and in any of our operating locations (Abidjan, Casablanca, Cairo, Mauritius, Nairobi, Johannesburg, etc.);
- Be willing to pursue online professional education until the highest of actuarial professional qualification within a reasonable period;
- Ability to adapt quickly in a challenging and fast-paced multi-cultural environment;
- Be flexible and open to work and embrace digitalization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, R, Python, SQL and any other relevant applications / software.
How to Apply for Africa Re Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP)
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Closing date for submission of applications for the YAPP shall be 10 March 2023.
For more information, send a mail to YAPP@africa-re.com.
Disclaimer: Africa Re does not endorse any third-party sites selling services related to our YAPP selection process. All information on the YAPP selection process are described on our website and is free to all prospective applicants. Companies claiming to sell inside knowledge from the Young Actuarial Professionals Program (YAPP) should not be considered a reliable source of information about the YAPP. Candidates should be cautious of emails or LinkedIn messages received from third-parties in this regard, noting that official YAPP communications are sent from email addresses ending in africa-re.com.